lundi 9 février 2009

Outer Hebrides (Part 4)

September 2008. Uist, Benbecula & Beneray.


From Barra, plan was to reach Lochmaddy, on North Uist, by the end of the week to catch the Ferry.
I left Castlebay to go to the north of Barra and took the ferry to South Uist.
Approaching Uist

And I headed to Howmore to sleep in a hostel, in the middle of nowhere...



Then I walked around. Found the "Lady of the Isles"



A little house too...



The hills of Uist



And I ended up watching the sunset on the beach.






Beau gosse sur la plage...



The day after I took a bus towards Berneray, a small island between North Uist and Harris, linked to Uist by a causeay.

To sleep there...


With this beach just behind



The hills over there, that's actually Harris.



Then I walked around the island, 3 or 4 hours are enough to make the whole tour.

There is a stunning beach with white sand.






I went back to Lochmaddy, Nort Uist.




I have made a trip to Oronsay bay.


Believe me or not, I had a signal with my phone on this beach.


My shoes still remember this...



But everything has an end. I had to go back to Skye first.


And after that, a 7 hour journey bus trip to Glasgow.

1 commentaire:

Julie a dit…

Ben la j'avoue que j'aimerai bien voir tout ca de mes yeux.
Ca fait rever ! Je m'y verrai bien y vivre dans cette petite baraque au milieu de nulle part comme tu dis ... un petit paradis.
Decidemment l'Ecosse c'est vraiment classe et il reste encore tellement d'endroit a visiter !!
A vos sacs a dos !