samedi 28 février 2009

Goatfell

Arran. Spring 2007.

My first outdoor trip in Scotland. I asked my friend John from Largs if we could go somewhere on Arran and he said yes we can go and do a scottish walk.

Arran is the small island with hills we can see from Largs.
View of Arran from my previuos flat in Largs:


So we picked a Saturday to go. When I arrived in the morning, John told me: "We are going, don't worry, but I feel like shit, I have spent the night drinking until 6am" and it was actually 8am... "Ne bother, let's keep moving!"
I drive to Ardrossan, left the car there and then took the ferry. One hour later we were in Brodick bay.

And John's plan was to walk to the top of the highest hill on the island, meaning the Goatfell.
There is an easy way to go up but John wanted to make a roundabout to take it the hard way.
And it looks like this when you start and it's not the goatfell, it is the one near it:

A long way to go for those two...

When we arrive on the top of the hill from the picture above, we went a bit down.

For what John called the picture moment and finally up again to reach the summit.

And we went down towards Brodick. On the way back, I asked John: "How many miles we walked today ?", he looked at his map... "Something like 16 miles. That was a good walk!", "Yeah, let's go for a pint", "Aye"...

1 commentaire:

Julie a dit…

Fallait oser !
Belle balade !