samedi 10 janvier 2009

Outer Hebrides (Part 1)

Due to a request from Miss Cupial...
May 2008. Harris.
Best weather in the UK so far since November 2006!
I went to Isle of Skye but instead of coming back to the main land, I took a ferry to Tarbert on the isle of Harris.


Leaving Skye from Uig


Bye bye Isle of Skye

Harris is a incredible scenery. Desertic hills, long beautiful beaches and small lochs. The beaches were the best. Loooonng. I got sunburns, yes true, in SCOTLAND!

A small loch near Tarbert






I actually never found McMillan's house...


From Tarbert, I took a bus to Leverburgh. I've found a nice place to stay, I didn't sleep there as I was in Tarbert, but this a good location to see the beaches on Harris and you can take the ferry to Berneray from there. http://www.ambothan.com/

Then I started to walk the way back, something like 16 miles.

Chaipaval





Then I walked towards Luskentyre beach...






Maybe grass proves this is really Scotland




I actually never expected to find such a blue sea over there. Most incredible thing was that, despite the weather, I didn't see anybody on the beaches .

1 commentaire:

Julie a dit…

C'est quand meme un pays superbe dans lequel nous vivons !
Merci pour ces belles photos!